PhD Voice Scholarship Sponsored by Scrintal 2021-2022 Entrant and Sponsor Official Rules
1. Entry Period: Entry period of the scholarship begins at 6:00 a.m. EST (Eastern Time) on October 2, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on September 15th, 2021. Awarded on October 1st, 2021.
2. How To Enter: During the entry period, you can enter by filling in the form here. A maximum of 1 (one) entry per person is allowed. PhD Voice reserves the right to not accept entries that are deemed inappropriate by PhD Voice.
3. Eligibility: The scholarship is open to all individuals who are 18 (eighteen) years of age or over at the time of the beginning of the entry period. Entrants agree that they will be PhD students for the entire 2021-2022 academic year. People with affiliations to and/or sponsors of PhD Voice cannot enter.
4. Scholarship Details: The scholarship recipient will receive the money, which has been donated by the sponsor, Scrintal. The scholarship money will be paid in 2 (two) installments via PayPal. The first by October 7th, 2021 and the second between April 6th and 7th, 2022. Note: These dates are contingent on the recipient having PayPal and communicating the necessary transfer information to PhD Voice.
5. Assessment: Each entrant will be assessed by PhD Voice, and PhD Voice will determine who the recipient of the scholarship will be.
6. Recipient Notification: The recipient will be contacted by PhD Voice by September 29th, 2021. PhD Voice will then announce the recipient on PhD Voice’s twitter account (@PhDVoice) once the recipient has been contacted and informed, on or after October 1st 2021. Once the recipient has been announced there, they will be announced on the PhD Voice website and on PhD Voice Box. By entering the scholarship, you give consent to PhD Voice to contact you regarding updates of this scholarship, and cc’ing the sponsor into these emails. PhD Voice reserves the right to decide when to include the sponsor in the emails.
7. Limitations of Liability: PhD Voice and Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this scholarship; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the scholarship or the Website; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the scholarship or download of any materials in the scholarship. If, for any reason, the scholarship is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this scholarship, then PhD Voice reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship in whole or in part. In such event, PhD Voice shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and PhD Voice reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by PhD Voice, and PhD Voice shall not have any further liability to any participant or sponsor in connection with the scholarship. PhD Voice may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online from time to time during the scholarship for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the scholarship. PhD Voice makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize awarded.
8. Recipient Release: By participating in the scholarship, entrants release PhD Voice and sponsor from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a video or otherwise participating in any aspect of the scholarship, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. The recipient shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Except where prohibited by law, the recipient grants to PhD Voice the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, such recipient’s name, voice, statement, video, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, worldwide, in perpetuity, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by PhD Voice, as applicable.
10. Conduct: By participating in this scholarship, entrants, participants and sponsor agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of PhD Voice that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. PhD Voice reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the scholarship; or to be acting in any manner deemed by PhD Voice to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by PhD Voice to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SCHOLARSHIP OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PHD VOICE AND PROMOTION AND SPONSOR PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Sponsor: At the end of the selection period, the recipient will get the scholarship money, minus banking fees. The scholarship money comes from the sponsor. As a sponsor, you are responsible for providing the agreed upon money with PhD Voice to PhD Voice before the commencement of the sponsorship. PhD Voice will then pass it to the recipient. Each tweet featuring a sponsor by PhD Voice must include the hashtag “#Sponsor”, or equivalent, to inform the readers that the included company is a paid sponsorship. This is a legal requirement. The sponsor agrees not to include any mention(s) of any person, business, or entity that is not a sponsor of this scholarship. Each sponsor agrees not to include any mention(s) of any person, business, or entity that is not a sponsor of this scholarship in any retweets or replies to any of the tweets PhD Voice tweets. Each sponsor agrees to allow PhD Voice to use their logo and various links provided in the tweets, posts, and website pages pertaining to this scholarship.
12. Termination, nullification and/or forfeiture of any part of these Official Rules leave the rest of this document and rules intact and applicable.